Justus Smith is a
REALTOR®, B.A. Honours (Psych), ABR®, SRS, SRES®, e-PRO®, CIAS™, CNHS™, RCC™....
But what does it all mean?!?
There's biographical info on my website if you want to know who I am, and this page is a review of my professional designations so that you understand that I do have advanced skill training to service your needs.
I've got a lot of letters after my name and I don't have those there for fun. I have them there because they happen to make me money. I am a business person. Believe me when I say I love having fun, but when I go to school I'm there to pick up as many tips as I possibly can to make me better than the other people I have to compete against.
Here's what sets me apart:
REALTOR®: Not every licensed or registered broker or salesperson is a REALTOR®. To be a REALTOR®, the agent must be a member of The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). And to be a member of CREA, an agent is expected to be:
- Committed to the REALTOR® Code: The code is the accepted standard of conduct for all real estate practitioners who are REALTORS®. It's your guarantee of professional conduct and the quality service. Read more about the REALTOR® Code.
- Knowledgeable about developments in real estate: A REALTOR® can get you the information needed to make an informed decision: comparable prices, neighborhood trends, housing market conditions and more.
- Actively updating education: Through courses, workshops and other professional development, a REALTOR® maintains a high level of current knowledge about real estate.
- Access: REALTORS® have access to Board MLS® Systems, which facilitate the cooperate sale of properties to benefit consumers.
ABR®(Accredited Buyer's Representative): The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation is awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC), an affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS®, to real estate practitioners who meet the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
SRS (Seller Representative Specialist): The Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation is the premier credential in seller representation. It is designed to elevate professional standards and enhance personal performance. The designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers (CRB) who meet specific educational and practical experience criteria.
SRES®(Senior's Real Estate Specialist): Seniors Real Estate Specialists® or SRES® designees are REALTORS® qualified to address the needs of home buyers and sellers age 50+. By earning the SRES® Designation, agents have demonstrated the necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50+ through major financial and lifestyle transitions in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home.
e-PRO®: An agent with NAR's e-PRO® certification is dedicated to making the most of today's social media and technology to help you with your real estate needs, whatever they may be. e-PRO® is the only technology certification to be officially recognized, endorsed, and conferred by the National Association of REALTORS®. Agents with NAR's e-PRO® certification demonstrate:
- Advanced training in using the latest technology and social media to promote your property or find your next home
- A clear understanding of the ways that e-office strategies, rich media and social networking can benefit today's consumer in a real estate transaction
- Excellence in adopting, implementing, and promoting technology best practices
- Ethics with commitment to use technology in fair and responsible manner
- Professionalism by completing an education program designed to keep one’s technical knowledge and skill sets up-to-date
CIAS™ (Certified Investor Agent Specialist): A Certified Investor Agent Specialist™ (CIAS) are equipped with the knowledge and tools earned through comprehensive education and experience to assist residential real estate investors with their portfolio needs. CIAS-designated agents can streamline the process of real estate investment to increase returns for investor clients.
CNHS™ (Certified New Home Specialist): Certified New Home Specialist™ training covers all aspects of working successfully with builders and new home buyers. Topics include builder/broker relations, market research, creative marketing strategies, on-site sales, customer service, architectural design, blueprint-reading, site design, materials and methods of residential construction, along with proven strategies for providing the best sales and marketing services to builders.
RCC™ (Residential Construction Certified): Residential Construction Certified™ (RCC) indicates knowledge of residential construction, including materials, methods, terminology to work effectively with homebuyers as well as with sellers, appraisers, inspectors, lenders, designers, engineers and construction professionals.